Jimmy Ghaphery & Daniel Barbiero
“The Convergence of Parallel Lines”
The graphical score for Exchanges II for alto saxophone & double bass by Daniel Barbiero is included as a supplemental file as part of this release.
1. The Convergence of Parallel Lines (1)
2. Silver under Grey on Black
3. The Convergence of Parallel Lines (2)
4. Exchanges II for alto saxophone & double bass
5. Approaching/Contact (for Jose) for three instrumentalists and three dancers
Jimmy Ghaphery: alto saxophone, clarinet, flutes.
Daniel Barbiero: double bass & prepared double bass.
On Approaching/Contact: Jimmy Ghaphery, winds; Daniel Barbiero, double bass; Sam Byrd, percussion and objects; Page Ghaphery, Ken Manheimer and Jose Dominguez, dancers.
Tracks 1-4 recorded January 2013 at Last Resort Studio in Silver Spring Maryland USA.
Track 5 recorded live 5 July 2014 at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center in Silver Spring Maryland USA.
All tracks mastered by Mark Beazley.
Cover Photography by Billy Fox.